The job of Systems Verification Lead requires advanced formal engineering education, prior experience in designing and using Automated and Manual Test Equipment, a good knowledge of developing test interfaces for both analog and digital products. This individual will also have superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability. The role includes the ability to manage and produce tester requirements and working with the system designers to design and develop to their tester needs.This position reports to the Systems Engineering Manager and is part of a dynamic team implementing positive change to an already excellent organisation.
- Work with systems designers and product leads to develop tester requirements, test procedures, test plans, test cases, test descriptions from the product, hardware and software specifications.
- Oversee the design and implementation of automated and semi-automated test equipment and software to enhance efficiency and coverage.
- Design and integrate software, hardware and firmware for automated and semi-automated test equipment for product development and product testing in a production environment.
- Manage and co-ordinate building and modification of prototypes, test interfaces and automatic test stations.
- Design, review and optimize the acceptance test procedures to ensure coverage of system requirements.
- Direct the investigation and resolution of high-priority failure modes and product issues.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation for test procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Identify and implement improvements in test coverage, cycle time reduction, scalability, and overall quality.
- Regularly report on the progress of test development projects and maintain cross-functional coordination to address technical challenges.
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design descriptions as required.
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews, test coverage/verification reviews (for PDR, DDR, CDR, PRR etc.) as required.
- Effectively plan, manage and achieve all the verification goals and support certification process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of CGP;
- 5-6 years of related experience in designing and using test equipment preferably in the aerospace industry;
- Proficient in using test instruments for verification, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, DMM's digital/analog IO etc.
- Experience/familiarity with LabView automated environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with test and verification documentation, developing Acceptance Test Procedures etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Orcad;
- Both verbal and written communications skills play an important role in this position
- Experience in the interpretation of operational requirements and Interface Control Documents (ICDs); and the development of Tester Requirements.
- In-depth understanding of electronic hardware and digital components.
- Fluent in reading and interpreting electrical schematics and PCBA design files.
- Familiarity with a broad range of test equipment and test methodologies such as boundary scan.
- Proficient in the principles of automation and interfacing with equipment and products
- Comprehension of data acquisition systems and protocols (TCP/IP, RS232, USB, CAN).
- Knowledge of system safety and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of requirements management tools, problem tracking tools, configuration management tools and test management tools, such as IBM DOORS, SBM, JIRA.
2000 Fisher Dr ON K9J 6X6