• Assembling/disassembling aircraft landing gear components, shock struts, actuators and flight controls per supplied drawings and process instructions.
• Identifying proper and improper fits, alignments and condition of components.
• Other related duties as required including repairing and assembly of aircraft landing gear components, shock struts, actuators and flight controls
• Must be able to read blueprints and hydraulic schemes that identify and explain the function of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components.
• Proven problem solving skills and experience/exposure to lean manufacturing.
• Identifying non-conformances when assembling landing gear.
• Graduate from Aircraft Maintenance College or Licensed AME or five years related experience in a relevant field.
• Ability to use hand and machine tools.
• Must be able to identify corrosion and other abnormalities found in supplied parts
• Able to work with little or no supervision.
• The ability to work shifts when required.
• Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal a must.
• Basic computer skills are an asset
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
Feeling hesitant because you don't meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems (SafranLS) is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply. If you love a challenge and want to work in an exciting, high-tech environment, we want to hear from you.
We see diversity as a means to leverage creativity, collective performance and innovation. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
At SafranLS, a passion for Aerospace can mean a limitless career, land your next position with us!
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction. All applicants must meet the following requirements:Minimum age of 18 years. Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
574, Monarch Avenue L1S 4S4