• Manage a dedicated portfolio of machinists suppliers located within North America
• Manage the relationship from the sourcing (RFQ) up to the contract management during the life of the Contract
• Accountable for the relationship with each supplier of the allocated panel
• Accountable for the cost reduction plan with the supplier panel assigned
• Contribute to set-up, then formalize and execute the strategy for the Machined-Parts Commodity
• Creation and management of RFQ process through the Supplier Selection and establishment of Safran Landing Systems contractual conditions with Suppliers
• Manage contracts in place with Suppliers assigned and anticipate renewals of contract, through J1 and Supplier Selection Committees
• Actively work to increase the maturity level of the supplier panel to the required level.
• Actively monitoring the performance of the supplier, and engage actions in collaboration with the Supplier Performance & Quality Lead
• Identify cost reduction opportunities, manage the cost reduction plan, and report figures in the design KPI tool (SIEVO)
• Interface with other functions on all sites (Procurement, Production, Program, Quality, Industrialization) and act as a Purchasing focal point for the supplier panel allocated
• Resolve daily (tactical) issues related with suppliers, such as claims & litigations.
• A relevant University Degree and/or APICS, CPIM or CIRM/PMAC Certification.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment, international experience in Aerospace preferred or in Mechanical Industrial Engineering; 5 years Purchasing experience
• Experience in leading Projects within multi-functional teams.
• Familiarity with Contracts, contract language and the ability to negotiate various types of contracts with suppliers
• Purchasing process leadership skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a team environment and represent the Purchasing function towards the Supplier
• High working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Good knowledge of SAP environment
• Experience with accounting and financial principles
• Production control process knowledge, MRP and Flow Management.
• Ability to travel on short or long term within Canada & USA, as per project needs
574, Monarch Avenue L1S 4S4