The purpose of the Sales Engineering function is to manage the liaison between Safran Cabin Czech (SCCZ) engineering and its stakeholders.
• Internal stakeholders are programme management (project teams), production organization (incl. after sales), R&T, sales/marketing and BDA.
• External stakeholders are the market, customers, OEM's and business partners.
The Sales Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of the sales engineering forms and instructions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support Sales & Marketing on technical issues, raising solutions and giving advises within the problem definition of the customer.
• Responsible for the Fulfilment of Customer Order:
o Transfer and maintain customer specification/requirements within the contract towards the SCCZ organization (within the affordability of the customer).
o Translate & steer specifications/requirements, issues, and possibilities of (potential) customers into the standard product program of SCCZ.
o Provide customer guidance conducting the Customization Process for SFE programs.
• Responsible for the preparation and the quality of standard product program (catalogue) based technical proposals.
• Execute and consolidate the functional product catalogues (e.g. Technical Notes) including the maintenance support.
• Develop and maintain the Sales Engineering Knowledge:
o Maintain a good insight in market possibilities and changes.
o Recognize opportunities for new sales and marketing products.
o Contribute to the development of the sales engineering product/market/technology knowledge.
o Keeping abreast of legal and airworthiness requirements.
• Represent Engineering at exhibitions, congresses, seminars, etc.
Education and Experience
• Have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Aviation Technology, or a demonstrated equal working and thinking level.
• Experienced in working in multidisciplinary teams
• Experienced in design and engineering processes
• Experienced in 3D CAD (SolidWorks), MS-Office and PDM (SmarTeam) software application.
• Have minimum of 3 years work experience in a relevant function
• Good level of knowledge of principles of mechanical and system design.
• Have knowledge of LEAN tools and methods.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Good written, verbal and visual communication skills.
• Be fluent in the English language.
• Be willing to travel.
• Action Oriented.
• Drive for results (curious, creative and inventive).
• Customer focused.
• Team player.
• Interpersonal relations.
• Commercial insight and be cost aware.
• Business & Industry Knowledge.
• Negotiate (listen, influence and convince).
• Problem solving.
• Planning (self-management).
Toermalijnstraat 16 1812 RL
- © Safran