SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS IS THE WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT LANDING AND BRAKING SYSTEMS.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Our capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul.
We are a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and support over 27,000 aircraft making more than 60,000 landings every day. There are also more than 7,600 employees working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
Join our Team
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, hybrid working, Global career opportunities and Training and Development at our dedicated Safran University to help contribute to a safer and more sustainable aviation.
As a forward-looking company, Safran Landing Systems massively invests in Research & Development. Carbon brakes, titanium parts, composite materials, additive manufacturing, more electric systems, new surface treatments, external and internal partnerships and digital transformation are all the result of this permanent innovation effort, which enables the company to develop new products that are ever more cost-efficient, better for the environment, lighter, stronger and quieter.
This is an exceptional chance to join a dynamic and motivated team; Test Engineering based in the UK, runs a variety of product test projects in support of Landing Gear research, development and qualification. As a member of the Test Services Team based in the UK your primary function is to define, implement and support electro-mechanical test systems.
Reporting to and Engineering Group Leader you will be required to use your initiative and consistently demonstrate your technical competence of electro-mechanical systems and data acquisition techniques to support the dynamic Test Engineering environment. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for the development and implementation of electrical circuits/systems, interfaces, controls and all related controls in addition to maintaining very high standards in health safety and the environment. A willingness to drive for continuous improvement whilst developing your own experience, knowledge and understanding will be key to thriving in the team's culture.
Dependent on the project requirements you will need to build relationships and liaise with internal customers. There may also be an occasional need for meetings with the external customer; this may result in some foreign travel.
• Electrical Engineering including automation, circuit design and installation
• Experience of design, implementation and programming of HMI and PLCs
• Experience of specification and use of transducers
• Ability to fault find and diagnose electrical circuits
• Ability to understand technical specifications
• Proficiency in Microsoft IT packages
• Demonstrably clear written and oral communication skills allowing you to liaise with customers and suppliers
• Ability to plan and work to a schedule
Experience in the following would be advantageous but not essential (training will be provided):
• Hydraulic circuit functionality and servo hydraulic systems (closed and open loop systems)
• Control systems, data acquisition and instrumentation implementation
• Test techniques for example strength, fatigue, endurance or environmental
• Quality and Lean tools (FMECA, diagnostics, Lean Sigma toolbox, etc.)
• Industrial electrical &/or IT installations
• Coaching and developing others
Skills & Qualities
• Team player
• Results focused
• Problem solving
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Working to standards, processes & procedures
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• Apprenticeship to HNC/HND or degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering discipline
Some work involves electrical cabling routing and wiring, as part of the selection process a medical assessment will be required for colour blindness.
At Safran Landing Systems, we pride ourselves on competitive flexible benefits that support our employees work/life balance enabling each person to contribute to the best of their ability.
• Hybrid Working and Flexible Working Scheme to attract and retain skilled employees that allows for the work/life balance you need
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts, access to healthcare, house moving day, sports and social club
• Shares and profit share bonus scheme
• Development and Training at Safran University as well as Company Sponsorship
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have events running throughout the year as well as an onsite large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which may include a criminal record check'
Cheltenham Road East GL2 9QH
- © Safran