Safran is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft, as well as helicopters and space applications. As part of the internationally operating Safran Group, Safran Passenger Innovations Germany GmbH currently employs around 60 people in our office in Wessling, close to Munich. We have consistently prepared our innovative products with the help of our application-based research approach.
The successful candidate will be joining the Software Development team designing and creating our next generation of Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) systems. We're looking for a highly motivated and passionate Software Developer Linux who can step up and contribute to that direction.
The Software Developer Linux is responsible for the development of our existing and new aeronautical products. As part of the software development team and in collaboration with project management the Software Software Developer Linux is involved in software development, requirements engineering, software architecture decisions as well as unit testing. Depending on the project the Software Developer Linux is in exchange with other departments like software test, sustaining or production. Integrating software and hardware from internal and external suppliers can be a part of the daily work as well as participation in IP networking topics. Depending on expertise and personal preference the Software Developer Linux is involved in leading the development of one or more software modules.
• Develop software, implement unit tests and maintain existing or new
• Assist in defining software requirements and architecture
• Engage in integration tasks of software and hardware from internal and
• Maintain or extend existing build environments
• Maintain or extend Linux operating system configurations
• Document requirements and implementation details
• Successfully completed studies in computer sciences or another
comparable study program, or a successfully completed training in a
comparable IT profession
• First object-oriented software development experience
• Very good knowledge of C++ programming language
• Experience in using software version control tools
• Experience in defining software requirements is advantageous
• Experience in Bash scripting language is advantageous
• Experience in using third-party and open-source libraries is
• Knowledge of programming languages for GUI development is
• IP network skills are advantageous
• Knowledge of bug tracking tools is advantageous
If we sparked your interest we are looking forward to your application. Please apply via this link: https://apply.workable.com/safranpassengerinnovations/j/3811F83020/
Argelsrieder Feld 22 82234
- © Safran