Based in SAFRAN Landing System (LS) Hamburg office, a satellite from SAFRAN LS headquarters in Vélizy-Villacoublay (78), you will report to SAFRAN LS Field Service Engineers Manager and will intervene on Airbus Final Assembly Lines (FAL) in Hamburg.
Acting as SAFRAN LS Service Engineer on Customer FAL, you will plan, coordinate and, to a certain extent, realise the corrective actions required to ensure conformity and airworthiness of the SAFRAN LS supplies delivered to the FAL, within the planning constraints imposed by the customer. This activity might be handled with support from other Field Service Engineers as deemed necessary.
Most of the interventions to be carried out will answer the following types of needs :
- Embodiment of design modifications and/or specific upgrades as required by the customer to reflect the latest design evolutions
- Correction of any defect or damage reported by the customer on the equipment subsequent to its delivery to the FAL
- Any other customer request requiring intervention of a Service Engineer at FAL.
Accordingly, the main missions you will have under your responsibility are the following :
- Organise and monitor the logistic aspects on site so as to ensure continued activity at FAL
o Define, monitor, receipt the needs of spare parts and consumables
o Analysis and return to OEM of components removed from A/C (“used”)
- Record all traceability information required within SAFRAN LS internal information system (such as Electronic Folio Manager, Customer Request Management Tool) and in the customer information system as required ;
- Ensure regular and complete reporting to SAFRAN LS FAL Manager and FAL Quality about:
o Interventions completed
o weak signal reports
o customer feedback
o difficulties anticipated
o planning and resources anticipation
The job requires a solid knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics and physics as well as a good aptitude to manual work, primarily mechanical work. A good understanding of the landing gear and shock absorber functioning is required, as well as a good knowledge of EASA Part 21G regulatory requirements.
A good physical condition and a great flexibility (shift organisation, on call support, ...) are also required to accommodate planning constraints and changes imposed by the customer. The position also requires good communication skills and relationship (Customer interface) as well as a good team spirit.
Discipline, organisation and methodology are key skills for this role.
- Aircraft technician with good experience in assembly or maintenance of mechanical and/or hydraulic products
- Solid knowledge of mechanics and hydraulics
- Solid knowledge to work on a Final Assembly Line
- Organisation, methodology
- Team spirit
- Good relationship
- Good physical condition
- Driving License
- French basics would be a plus
Travel for ad hoc support to other worldwide locations may be required as part of the activity.
Hein-Saß-Weg 36 21129