SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Job Role & Responsibilities
Head of HR
The Head of HR will be responsible for leading all the operational aspect of the HR function to include HR Business Partnering, recruitment and succession planning, on boarding, learning and development and talent management, performance management and early careers programs
Working collaboratively with the site leadership teams the focus of the Head of HR will be to support the business to deliver against its objectives and to ensure that leaders are supported to develop their teams to achieve their potential thereby creating a business fit for the future.
HR Strategy and Leadership
• Responsible for the execution of HR strategy and people plans in order to support achievement of Safran Seats GB strategic goals.
• Work closely with senior management to instil a culture across the firm that emphasises quality, continuous improvement and high performance, to support the business strategy.
• Responsible for supporting organisational design, reviews and implementation in order to meet the needs of the business.
HR Business Partnering
• Foster coaching methods and encourage employee engagement initiatives across all functions
• Recruitment against the workforce plan, ensuring fair selection processes are followed
• Define and oversee frameworks that support employee performance and talent management and ensure that regular staff appraisals are carried out
• Provision of guidance and oversight on all employee relation issues (e.g., grievance, disciplinary, and restructuring), ensuring issues are handled fairly and consistently within the scope of UK legislation and the regulatory framework.
• Key involvement in senior level decision making for both day-to-day management and strategic direction of the business from a people perspective.
• Support the leadership team to ensure that each function has successions with bench strength and that employees identified in as successors are supported with personal development plans to be ready for identified roles when available
• Driving wellbeing agenda
Learning and Development
• Development and leadership of Early talent programs
• Facilitating annual training needs analysis
• Management of training budget
• Provision of a responsive HR operations service that delivers employee contracts, and terms & conditions of employment in line with employment legislation
Governance, Control & Compliance
• Monitoring effective implementation of policies and procedures for the induction, training and professional development of senior management, other than members of the governing body
• Engagement with internal and external auditors
• Ensuring legal compliance (eg GDPR) is met in all HR activities.
Management responsibilities - 3 HR Business Partners, 1 HR Advisor and 1 HR Assistant, Learning and Development Manager and Co-ordinator
Candidates skills and requirements -
• Degree level education with CIPD or equivalent
• Demonstrable experience in managing complex employee relations cases ranging from disciplinaries, grievances, disability, small and large scale proposals for change, restructure and redundancies.
• Expert knowledge of UK Employment Laws and regulations
• Previous HR leadership experience in a complex manufacturing / engineering organisation
• Ability to evaluate current ways of working and create recommendations to improve the underlying org design for the department ranging from Diversity and Inclusion initiatives to new systems and processes and team structures.
• Effective writing skills, with the ability to translate data or complex issues into clear communication, adapting the communication style as appropriate for the audience
赛峰集团（Safran）是一家国际高科技集团公司，业务范围涵盖航空（推进、设备和内装）、防务和航天领域。其核心宗旨是致力于构建更安全且可持续发展的世界，让航空运输更加环保、舒适和便利。赛峰集团业务遍及全球，拥有79000名员工，2020年营业额为165亿欧元。单独或是通过合作，赛峰集团在其核心市场占据全球或地区领导地位。赛峰集团在其技术创新路线图中承诺将大力开展以环境为主导的研发项目。 赛峰集团获评《福布斯》杂志2020年全球最佳雇主。 赛峰航空座椅公司（Safran Seats）是飞机座椅领域的全球领导企业之一，为广大机组人员及乘客提供各种座椅。目前，赛峰航空座椅公司所生产的100万个座椅正服务于全球航空机群中。