SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
• Unique and High-end Quality products
• Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
• Passenger Experience Expertise
• In-house design studio and group Synergies
• Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
• Bespoke capabilities
• Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
• Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
• ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
• Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
• Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
• Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Free parking onsite
• With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
To develop effective engineering project plans, track progress, resolve problems, develop
solutions and forecast project and product cost performance.
Coordinate with other functional units, identify and address project issues, gather and
analyse data to support the development of solutions and recommendations to solve
problems, meeting schedule commitments and optimising performance
You act within a small team of peers and do not have direct responsibility for any staff.
You have the ability to manage across a functional matrix structure within the Technical
Domain of the business.
Your responsibility is focused on effective planning and execution of Engineering projects
to meet or exceed the agreed performance metrics.
Your key responsibilities include:
You support the IPT in Identifying project risk, mitigation actions and contingency
You support the development of project plans, schedules and budgets
You track progress of Project Tasks across multi-functional Engineering Teams
You resolve schedule conflict and develop technical solutions with inputs from the
Technical Functional teams, ensuring high levels of quality of technical
You are able to provide a clear project status both internally and to the Customer
You are responsible to track performance against budget for NRC and RC
You may be responsible to ensure effective management of Large Work
Packages across the group Business Units or with Partners
You may liaise with the Customer to present technical solutions and their impact
on Programme schedule
You collate inputs to generate and maintain customer Product Specifications and
are responsible to create and maintain coherent Work Breakdown Structures
You manage technical requirements relevant to your Project scope, through a
Systems Engineering approach and you are responsible to track technical
You are responsible to participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of
the New Product Introduction process
You are responsible to deliver the Engineering requirements in support of the
business gated processes (MER, PROMPT, PLS)
-HNC/HND within a related Engineering discipline
-Engineering Degree within an Aerospace related discipline
-Previous experience managing multi-functional Teams including within a remote working setting
-A good understanding of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken, preferably with some knowledge of Aircraft Interiors
-An awareness of configuration management principles and change management processes
-Experienced in preparation of business cases or bids for new programmes including Technical specification preparation
-Understanding of financial management within a new product development environment, dealing with different categories of costs that are both internal and external to the business
-Product development and associated processes
Systems Engineering (Requirements Engineering,
MBSE, Functional design)
Mechanical, electrical and systems design
-Recognised qualification in Project Management (eg.
PRINCE2, APMP or PMQ)
The role is based in Cwmbran, Wales and occasional travel will be required including to
international locations (suppliers, customers, other Safran sites).
- © Safran