Who We Are:
Greenpoint Technologies, a proud member of the Safran Cabin family, designs, engineers, manufactures and installs the best aircraft interiors in the world, focusing on luxury interiors.
Why Should You Join Us?
We have so much to offer you! As a member of the Safran family, our employees enjoy a trusting, supportive and positive work environment. This is a company where you can grow and advance, and find yourself looking forward to Monday so that you can get back at it! We give you our best - excellent benefits, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, competitive pay, and a chance to work with and learn from the very best in the business. We also offer the opportunity for a rich and diverse career across over 300 job fields and international sights. There are no limits to where you can go!
We are a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first culture and workplace, making Greenpoint Technologies a great place to work.
The corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Engage for the Future, is based on four pillars: decarbonizing aviation, being an exemplary employer, exemplifying responsible industry, and affirming our commitment to society. In response to the urgent climate challenge, Safran has an ambitious policy to support the transition to carbon-neutral aviation by 2050, involving all our teams in the solutions. At The Safran Companies, we are passionate employees who work together for a sustainable future.
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a Sr. Materials Planner to join a team who creates beautiful Aircraft interiors for VIP's and Heads of State. Imagine working for a company who builds 4000 sq. ft of LUXURY home in the SKY!!!
• Serve as a liaison between Engineering and Supply Chain Management for the review and evaluation of engineering documentation prior to and after formal drawing release
• Validate Engineering material call-outs, processing techniques, suggest alternative/substitute materials, and possible in-house part availability
• Provide feedback to engineering in understanding and optimizing material procurement schedules through material selection and manufacturability of all aircraft interior components
• Develop and maintain the Bill of Materials in the MRP system from engineering drawings to initiate purchasing requirements for all materials, purchased parts, equipment and other items necessary for the manufacture of custom aircraft interiors
• Review and evaluate engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, builds and maintains the Bill of Material in the MRP system
• Lead planning department to support production and facilitate schedule
• Provide training, mentoring and coaching to new and/or less experienced staff
What You Must Have:
• Bachelor's degree and 7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience required
• Demonstrated advanced expertise with Database software; Internet software, MRP software, Inventory and order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Proven ability to read, analyze and interpret complex engineering drawings
• Tenured experience with the procurement of raw materials, parts, and commodities related to VIP aircraft interiors
• Established ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing tea
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations with regard to VIP aircraft modification work
• Strong knowledge of application of planning concepts, practices and procedures to program and production planning
Across all team members, no matter where they work at Greenpoint, we are looking for people who are:
• Team Oriented
• Process Focused
• Open & Honest in their Communication
• Quality Minded
• Persistent and who honor commitments
Where We Work:
Our Bothell, Washington facility is the heart of Greenpoint. From engineering to supply chain, to sales to finance, and everyone in between, we work together in the spirit of continuous improvement. And we always remember to have a little fun, too!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Greenpoint Technologies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Candidates for positions with Greenpoint Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
- © Safran