Reporting to the Head of Sustainment, the Support Services Manager is to ensure the successful delivery of SEDA Support Services for Defence capability sustainment. This role will work within a cross-functional team structure that will support the delivery of Engineering, Maintenance, Supply and Training services. The Support Services Manager will also work on large , exciting projects to develop and implement support system solutions for future in-service capability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Manage and Deliver In-Services Support contract within expected schedule, quality and cost.
• Develop and maintain support services management plans and project management plans for in-service support projects
• Build and maintain customer relationships and manage contract review meetings, contractual KPIs and risks & issues reviews as required
• Coordinate support services constituents teams (Maintenance, Engineering/ILS, Supply Support and Training) to ensure proper delivery of the projects.
• Manage key deliveries and relationship with key suppliers and maintain an effective working relationship with the key subcontractors, ensuring sufficient engagement and integration with the commercial team
• Management of sustainment Ad-Hoc services and Survey and Quotes activities
• Implement and develop support system solutions and provide support to the bid team including, taking part in tender responses as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Project Management or Engineering
• Extensive experience in Project Management in a defence environment
• Solid experience in management and delivery of ASDEFCON support contract and experience setting up new support contract for major ASDEFCON Greenfield programs from ground up.
• Minimum 10 years defence business related experience, would be advantageous
• Specialised knowledge and/or practical application of optronics, radio and navigation systems is desirable
• Experience with defence Earned Value Management Systems
• Specialised knowledge and/or operational understanding of Software Management
• Advanced use of MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project)
• Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1
• Established good working relationships with CoA organisations (CASG)
• Customer focused
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proactive, Autonomous, Rigorous, Organised
• Interest in advanced technologies
• Strong work ethic
Suite 706, 109 Pitt Street 2000