Safran’s purchasing policy
Four main thrusts
Safran's purchasing policy has four main thrusts:
- Develop a group of suppliers capable of meeting Safran's current and future needs, and incorporating CSR aspects.
- Foster suppliers' involvement early in Safran's development programs, to ensure that Safran can meet all customer requirements.
- Promote procedures, and measurement and management tools shared by all Safran companies.
- Provide special support to key suppliers ("First Circle").
Safran's purchasing policy is deployed in compliance with:
- Safran's Code of Ethics and best practices listed in the Business Mediation Charter.
- Safran's commitments to public authorities, trade associations and other partners.
It is based on:
- Ongoing collaboration between Safran companies and the corporate "purchasing culture" and network.
- Closely coordinated actions by all Safran staff and entities working with suppliers.
- The Purchasing department's involvement throughout our products' life cycles.
- A centralized organization and a network of buyers at all Group companies.
Our aim is to ensure that our suppliers' performance meets the expectations of Safran and our customers. That means concentrating our activities around suppliers capable of ensuring the long-term competitiveness needed to boost our market shares. In turn, we demand unyielding excellence from our suppliers in terms of guaranteeing quality and on-time delivery. We also expect them to contribute innovations, and get involved very early in our own developments.