Innovation Awards: a global competition in honor of creativity
The full spectrum of innovation
In 2005 Safran set up a Group-wide competition, the Innovation Awards, to encourage everyone to unleash their potential, over and above our many R&D programs. This competition fosters the emergence of innovative new ideas, and rewards the most promising among them.
Categories include Product-Technology-Patent Innovation Prize, Performance & Competitiveness Innovation Prize, Customer Satisfaction Prize, and Field Innovation Prize. All initiatives that improve product quality and process efficiency, or bolster occupational health and safety, earn their moment under the spotlight.
A unifying event
Safran Innovation Awards is a major event in each year's calendar, and attracts increasing numbers of participants.
Boosting Safran's competitiveness
The Innovation Awards reflect Safran's goal of guaranteeing cost-effective excellence throughout the design and production cycle. All aspects of innovation from this standpoint are recognized. This event also spotlight breakthrough or even disruptive innovation, and keep the entire workforce informed on Safran's latest discoveries, whether new patents or new partnerships.
- Safran Grand Prize & Product-Technology-Patent Innovation (Safran Helicopter Engines)
- Spinning flame combustor
- Performance & Competitiveness Innovation (Safran Landing Systems)
- Airbus A350 XWB main fitting : drastic cost reduction
- Customer Satisfaction Innovation (Safran Helicopter Engines, Safran Electronics & Defense and Safran Identity & Security)
- Electronic flight report for helicopter operator